September 6, 2011 7:07 PM
Strasburger & Price Scoops Up 30-Lawyer San Antonio Firm
Posted by Brian Baxter
The combined firm, which will retain the Strasburger & Price name but operate in San Antonio as Strasburger Price Oppenheimer Blend, will have roughly 210 lawyers spread among six offices in Texas. The new firm will be the fourth-largest in San Antonio with roughly 40 attorneys in the Alamo City, according to reports by the San Antonio Express-News and sibling publication Texas Lawyer.
Strasburger & Price, which announced its plans to acquire Oppenheimer Blend on September 2, currently has offices in Dallas, Austin, Houston, Frisco, and San Antonio. In addition to its San Antonio base, Oppenheimer Blend has an office in Kerrville, Texas.
According to financial data gleaned by Texas Lawyer, Strasburger & Price had gross revenues of $75.9 million in 2010, making it the fourteenth-most-profitable firm in the Lone Star State.
Longtime San Antonio attorney and philanthropist Jesse Oppenheimer, who died in October 2009, founded Oppenheimer Blend 42 years ago. His firm's merger with Strasburger & Price is part of a trend of law firm mergers in the third quarter of this year, the latest of which saw fellow Texas firm McKool Smith announce its acquisition last week of Los Angeles litigation boutique Hennigan Dorman.
For more on recent law firm mergers and acquisitions:
- McKool Smith Sets Sights on California by Acquiring Los Angeles Boutique
- Polsinelli Shughart Picks Up 13-Lawyer Denver Firm
- Jones Walker Merges with Mississippi Firm to Fill Out Gulf Coast Presence
- Florida's Fowler White Boggs Merges with Fort Lauderdale Firm
- Fox Rothschild Adds Three IP Lawyers by Snapping Up L.A. Boutique
- Dorsey & Whitney Inks Alliance with Chinese Firm
- Ailing Florida Firm in Merger Talks with Ohio Shop
- Ice Miller Adds 90 Lawyers in Merger with Ohio's Schottenstein
- Edwards Angell to Merge with Wildman Harrold
- Baker & Daniels and Faegre & Benson Confirm Merger Talks